Event is FINISHED
Eat Your Garden – grow and eat from your garden
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to start your own garden (container, raised bed, in the ground) to grow edible plants with a combination of theory and hands-on learning. Or you already have some experience and want to establish a viable, sustainable garden to grow good food or simply enjoy nature’s offerings.
Whether you have access to 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight, 4 hours of indirect sunlight, even shaded corners in your HDB flat/apartment/landed property, at the end of the course, you will have the confidence to start growing and eating from your own garden.
And for a limited period, you get free membership to our very own Eat Your Garden Club when you sign up for this workshop! A club that provides support, discounts to events, products and freebies to all your gardening needs. What not to love? Book your seat today!
In this session you will learn
- Introduction to growing your own
- Preparation of the growing medium
- Growing conditions (Light, Soil, Moisture, Nutrients)
- Companion planting
- Composting 101
- Prevention and dealing with garden pests
- Maintenance of plants growth
By the end of this workshop:
- You will learn the basics of growing your own edible plants
- Take with you any seeds you have sowed and plants propagated in containers
- Confidence to grow your own and respect for nature
- Join a growing network of like-minded people to give and get support from fellow members of Eat Your Garden Club
Included in your fees
- A growing kit worth SGD30
- Hardcopy notes of the workshop
- Beverage and snacks provided by hotel
Who should attend
- Novice/Beginner with black or green thumbs
- We needs more people who are committed to the ethics of growing food by working with nature, and who want to provide their families and communities with clean local food.
About your teacher
Debbie is a permaculture consultant and designer, trained by world renowned permaculture consultant, designer and teacher, Geoff Lawton of Permaculture Research Institute of Australia. Debbie is Co-create Nature’s primary educator and consultant, while designing self-sustaining edible gardens, nature playground and therapy garden based on permaculture principles, and teaches those who are keen in working with nature to grow their own food, play in nature and heal with nature. Apart from growing good food at home for her family, she spends her time connecting with Mother Nature to evolve with humility, gratitude, reverence, and investing in one’s knowledge and understanding, along with action and responsibility. Her motto in this lifetime: “I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.”
About the venue
The Zen Garden is located on the 19th floor of Hotel Jen Orchardgateway. Although the hotel is located in the heart of Orchard Road, it hosts a tranquil environment in this indoor nature reserve experience.
ZEN Garden (Level 19), Hotel Jen Orchardgateway
- Venue Address
277 Orchard Road, Singapore 238858
5min walk from Somerset MRT Station (NS23)